Because I Am A Girl

This week I am in Vancouver Canada visiting a friend.

Anywho, when we were walking down the street we met this woman who was trying to collect money for the charity "Because I Am A Girl"... while I support the cause, what I don't like is the kind of... whats the words I am looking for... blatant demands for money.

It reduces the cause to an annoyance.

If it was up to me these causes would be more selective about their fundraising techniques.

Also, this kind of "street begging" for causes uses paid workers, often working on commission. If I really wanted to support their cause I'd do it directly and cut out the middle man.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ai Lung! Check out this video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFYy5_ZcLw

    ReplyDelete

Any comment containing a link will be deleted.